Hello again, fellow Woodworkers!
How do you fit in woodworking time with planning for summer travel time, or home renovations, or landscaping needs – or, for that matter – writing a Newsletter Blog? It isn’t easy!
Since I am a bit short on news, here are some highlights of upcoming events:
- Arnim Rodeck will be presenting on Wednesday evening’s General Meeting (see www.shamawood.com). Some of you will have seen the wooden leaf picture cover on a recent Lee Valley catalogue. That is an example of Arnim’s amazing work!
- In keeping with our evolving plans, MIWG will hold wood sales on the Saturday following each General Meeting – beginning in September.
- This week’s “Challenge” is the 2 board foot challenge. Make something of 2 bd ft or less of wood, and try to do as much of it as you can without power tools. (Or…bring another box, …or a tool!)
- The Wood Recovery Committee will be looking for volunteers to assist in several upcoming projects:
- extend our wood recovery shelter roof to almost double its current size.
- have work crews cut and stack firewood available from Peter’s fields – firewood to be donated to work crews.
- September meeting – Wednesday, September 11, 6:30 pm at Meeting Room A – Nanaimo District Secondary School.
- Next wood sale – the Saturday following the September meeting – Saturday, September 14.
- Annual Fall Barbecue and social – at Frost Fields following the Wood Sale in #4.
I look forward to seeing many of you this coming Wednesday at 6:30. We welcome family and friends and remind newcomers that if you pay the initiation fee of $25, the balance of the year’s membership is pro-rated at 1/2 i.e. an additional $25. Join us! If you can’t be there…I hope you have a wonderful and safe summer.
Here’s to accident-free woodworking!